If you’re looking to go bottom fishing for snapper, grouper, triggerfish, and amberjack or want to take a swing at yellowfin tuna fishing you’ve come to the right place. Our offshore deep sea fishing charters at Perdido Key Fishing Charters are an awesome adventure. We operate our offshore fishing charters on 31-39 foot center console boats with outboard motors and the very best electronics that money can buy. We catch a lot of different species and its usually dictated by what seasons are open and how long of a trip we’re on. Our most popular species is the red snapper and they are typically open for about six weeks during the summer time. When red snapper season is open the 6 hours trip is perfect, we can get out there catch our two red snapper per person with no problem. If you want to get further offshore and fish for scamp, vermillion snapper (mingo), and gag grouper on the “Edge” that is about thirty miles from Pensacola Pass you’ll need at least an eight hour trip. We also do deep dropping trips where we fish for species such as snowy grouper, yellowedge grouper, longtail sea bass, barrelfish, and tilefish. If you would like to go deep dropping, you’ll need at least a ten hour trip because on these trips we fishing 50-70 miles from Pensacola Pass. Our tuna trips are another popular option, on these trips we travel to the deepwater oil rigs 85-130 miles from Pensacola Pass, and these a truly a never forget experience. Ladies and children are welcome on all of our trips and we don’t have a set age, but always remember that it can get rough or we can encounter a storm so it’s best not to bring anyone that you aren’t comfortable with being in that situation. On our offshore trips bait, tackle, ice, and licenses are all included. After the trip we will clean your fish and have it bagged up ready to cook. We only operate 6 passenger private trips, but If you’re looking for a walkon charter or shared group trip please give us a call and we can point you in the right direction.
Our Favorite Grouper Recipe
• 2 Grouper filets
• Seasoned Flour (for dredging – I season usually with salt, pepper, garlic powder – I use whole wheat flour)
• Olive Oil (about 1-2 TB for the pan)
• 1/4 cup white wine
• 1 TB butter (you can use more, but I am trying to keep it healthy!)
• juice from a lemon
• 1-2 tsp capers
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Heat oil in non stick – oven safe skillet. Season fish with salt and pepper, then dredge in flour. Shake off any excess flour, then place in skillet. Cook about 4 minutes on each side, till crispy golden brown.
3. Once fish is browned, add wine, lemon and butter to hot pan. Let simmer for about a minute or so.
4. Add capers.
5. Place skillet into oven. Cook for about 10-15 minutes until fish looks flaky and sauce has thickened a bit.